Monday, July 3, 2017

Why It Works

So, I have always been a skeptic of these "Get Rich Quick" or "Pyramid" schemes. I mean who isn't really. I have watched people, especially now-a-days all have their own little businesses on Facebook whether it be Lip Sense, Lularoe, Monat, Jamberry, etc. I see the everywhere, but to be honest, I don't really see how it is making changes in their lives. 

But I have an old friend who sells It Works. She posts so much not only about the products, but about how this company is changing her life. How she has paid for a wedding in Cancun IN CASH, paid off loans, is building a house etc. Every time I read her posts I am so happy for her and I also think, "I would like even just a tiny bit of that."

I read and I think about the Student Loans I got from college. Don't get me wrong, I am so glad I went but when those recruiters are coming in to your high school and telling you about college, they don't tell you about the debt you will get in. They don't tell you that if your parents are Middle Class, more than likely you will receive no help in scholarships or aide. I was a straight A student in HS, graduated 5th in my class...did that matter? No. Unless you are a purple martian, who plays the bagpipes, and cured some disease by the age of 6, you probably didn't get a ton of help either.

Fast forward a few years. I open some credit cards with the advice of my parents to help build my credit. Don't get me wrong they came in handy. But then again, no one told me they are had to maintain. You are Young and just think "woohoo, money," but then where does the money come from to pay for those? I still don't know either. Now I am glad I have had them because I have been in sticky situations that I have really needed them but dang you see that total of what you owe. Now, I am not at 10s of thousands of dollars so I may be being a little dramatic...

I go through funks as I am sure you all do about finances. Everyone tells you "Don't go out," "Put yourself on a budget," "You need to learn how to manage your money." Now, not saying these aren't slightly true, but I am not eating out that much. Maybe once, twice a month. I have no groceries in my house. I pretty much just buy gas, meals, and pay bills. While I appreciate people's "want" or "attempts" to help (notice those are in air quotes) but no one ever seems to give me a solid solution to maybe getting out of this hole.

Now I am not at all for one second saying that I am not proud of where I am... I mean, I am a single woman who owns my own house, pays my bills, I have a good job I have had for 8 years (well in August it will be 8), and I have family and friends who support me. But there are things I want to do. I want to go out to eat with friends without after wards wondering, "How am I going to pay for lunches for the next 5 days until I get paid." While I know everyone is just trying to help, they are also not in my shoes. Its hard to listen to someone who has a husband to help pay for all the bills, I don't.


So, I see my friends posts and I want to try. But even that $99 fee I think, I don't even have that right now.... So I just keep watching and reading the posts and hope that something will come along. And then....they had a promotion where you could sign up for just $10. WHAT?! $10?! I couldn't believe it. I even had to process it before I messaged her. I still was even skeptic. Is this a scam? Am I going to fail? Will I not make anything? I mean, I live in Oklahoma and let's be honest, Oklahoman's love their fried food (I am in that category as well before you jump on me). I am not in AZ or Cali where people are all about fit-fit-fit. But you know what? I knew I would kick myself if I didn't jump at the chance. So what if I fail? So what if no one buys from me? I mean yes, this will be TOTALLY AWESOME if this works the way I hope but what am I out, $10 and the fact that I least tried?

So here I am. An It Works newbie and completely terrified, but also excited. I don't know where this road will take me, but life is a journey...so let's go!

If you'd like to try out these products and become a Loyal Customer and receive my pricing head over to my It Works page. You just have to commit to either buy 1 product for 3 months or pay a one-time $50 fee. Think of it like a Sam's or Costco membership!!

No comments:

Post a Comment