Friday, July 8, 2011

Missing Loved Ones

I have my days, when I look back and miss those who I have loved and are gone. It is a tough ordeal, losing people who mean so much to you. How does one deal and move on from it? It was a tough thing for me. You understand that God has a better plan for people in his Kingdom, but you still feel a sense of betrayal. How could he take someone who meant so much to so many from their grasps.


Bobbi Denice Garwood.First was a dear friend of mine.  I grew up with her and her older sister (who is my age). We went to elementary school together. I played soccer with Bobbi for several years. She had such a great sense of humor and was such a loving person. She accepted everyone for who they were and never judged a soul. I will never forget the day I received the news, I was in my Freshman studio class and my mom had called me. When I got off the phone, I just sat there. I couldn't believe it. I began to cry, and people began coming up to me asking what was wrong. I asked to just be left alone to sit there. All my memories of her came flooding through my mind. Also, her family, I couldn't imagine what they must be feeling. They are all such amazing people and I knew that Bobbi would be loved even though she was gone. She was such a sweetheart and so young. I always think, who would she be today and what would she be doing? She was only 16 and would be 21 now. Its crazy to think how this world works and I know God needed her more than we but she is deeply missed by us all. I will never forget her and am so blessed to have been in her life and her in mine.



Zoe Madeline Montgomery. This beautiful baby girl. I couldn't say enough about this girl and her family. I am truly sad that she was so young and I know she won't ever remember me. Her family is a second family to me and always has been since I was 5. Such a tragedy. She was taken from us in a horrible accident, one we will never forget. I know God brings them to his Kingdom when their work on Earth is done, but this is one I couldn't grasp. She had only been with us for such a short time, so how could her work be done. I like to think that she helped us realize that life is so fast and that we can't take anything for granted. Her smile was infectious and could make even a stranger smile and laugh. I will never forget the last time I saw her. We were in a Walmart parking lot visiting her daddy Shane. Me and Pam were playing with her as she tried to pick up every last bit of trash she saw. I remember thinking how carefree she was and enjoying that day picking up trash. She was 18 months and would be 4. She lives on though in here baby sister Marilyn Zoe Montgomery.


Judith Ann Killian. The lovely lady on the right is my Aunt Judy. She left us a month after her 63rd birthday, she would have been 64 this year. She was a great woman and I miss her dearly. She was taken from a horrible disease, COPD. It is a tough disease to watch because it slowly took everything from her. She used to love making candles and doing little crafty projects and was ALWAYS Santa at Christmas time. I will never forget her cheesy sweaters she made for Christmas, but its things like her sweaters that make the holiday for me. This picture was taken at my OU graduation commencement with her and my Grandmother. I was so thrilled that she made it to my graduation. I miss her everyday and think about her all the time. I know that she is looking down on me and I hope she is proud of me.

I wanted to write this because, I know I still think about them all the time and I am sure I'm not the only one. I know on here they will never be forgotten and their memories will live on, I know they will live in me forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment