Wednesday, June 22, 2011

It Takes Someone Special to be a Dad...or a Papa

Went outta town these last few days to spend time with my Papa (my mom's dad) for Father's Day. Yes, of course my dad came along too. It was a great weekend, full of water park, mountains, family and food of course!

Here is my Papa's gift from my mom!
You see, he has an OU jersey with all the Heisman trophy winners from OU's signatures (except Sam Bradford...he hadn't won yet). He went one day and stood in line for HOURS to get his signature added to the jersey but Sam left before he ever got the chance. My mom bought him this signed Ram's Jersey knowing how much/hard he tried to get it. It is now hanging over his bed!!

Here is my dad's gift...no not an actual photograph, I didn't think to take one. He really needed a new TV for his bedroom! (No great story to insert about a new TV)
"A father is always making his baby into a little woman. And when she is a woman he turns her back again." -- Enid Bagnold


No comments:

Post a Comment