Sunday, August 26, 2012

Hand Painted Shoes

So I had seen an adorable pair of hand painted Toms on Pinterest. Of course I had to make these but I didn't care to pay $50/pair just to draw all over them. I found these on The Breast Cancer Site for $20/pair. Each pair I bought had a pair donated through Soles4Souls and I helped fund mammograms for women with Breast Cancer. So it was truly a win win.

What you'll need:

A pair of canvas shoes
(I got just plain white so they were easy to color on top of)

Fabric markers...I used the Tulip brand found at Walmart
(You can use fabric paint as well but that'll be much more tedious and time consuming. The fabric markers are permant, washable and easy to use.)

Imagination!!!


Now, I sketched what I wanted to do on each part before I started drawing on the shoes. Once you start, you can't erase it.


Once you have down what you want to draw and where, you can go to town.

If you plan to put something on the toe like I did, I suggest you draw it first. Most of these fabric markers won't let you draw on top of what you've already done.


Don't be afraid to lightly draw with pencil what you want to draw. I did that on the argyle and the chevron so they didn't droop.

Once you're done you have a Kick-A one-of-a-kind pair of shoes.

Oh yeah....Boomer Sooner!!!






No comments:

Post a Comment