Tuesday, October 2, 2012

This is Bat Country

So anyone at all who knows me knows that I absolutely love Halloween.
I am like the creepy Halloween lady in my neighborhood...I could run a haunted house in my own home during this time of year.

Anyways, I found this picture on Pinterest awhile back and have been craving for October to come along so that I can recreate this at my own house.

My inspiration.


Now all my bats are the same size since I found some pre-cut bats at Hobby Lobby.
My Supplies:
Pre-cut foam bats
(If you can't find these just buy foam sheets they are usually 99¢)
Pipe cleaners
Duct Tape
(I used black duct tape in case it was seen)

Now I left half of my bats as they were, and the other half I added the pipe cleaners to make them a little more 3D.

Just place half a pipe cleaner (you may need to adjust this depending on your bat sizes) on the back side of the bat. Use small pieces of the duct tape to the center and ends of the pipe cleaners. Try as much as possible to not touch all of the sticky parts of the duct tape...the more you touch it, the less sticky it'll be.


Once you've done this, bend up the wings so it'll have a 3D look to it.
 

Now get to sticking. I had 9 packages of 12 so I had 108 bats. You probably won't need this many, I just have a large entry area.



"What? No. We can't stop here. This is bat country."
-Johnny Depp as Hunter S. Thompson in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment