Monday, April 16, 2012

A pretty place for the birds

I found this little birdhouse at the thrift store right by my house for a $1.98. I have been wanting to get one and always love a fixer-upper chalenge.

I took out the fake bird that was glued in the hole.

I then painted the house using acryllic paints (I love the Folk Art brand the best). I did the body turquoise and the roof red. it took several coats to cover since the original was pretty slick and I couldn't find my sand paper to rough it up.

After I painted it, I sealed it with Krylon's spray clear coat. Since its going to go outside, I wanted the paint to be protected from the elements.

Then, I just added some little details from Hobby Lobby. I drilled a hole in front for a knob (added a little glue to help secure it). Then I glued on a rusty metal cross on back and butterfly on the top.

It turned out so cute. I love and and so do the birds.

No comments:

Post a Comment